We offer a complete range of domestic electrical services, from simple things such as installing a single plug socket, lighting or a new consumer unit, to more complex projects such as a complete rewire.
We also specialise in new build and refurbishment installations.
Why choose D & D Electrical?
- All of our domestic electrical work meets industry-standard wiring regulations (17th Edition IEE BS 7671).
- We are fully insured with public liability and indemnity insurance.
- We offer free quotes, competitive rates and a punctual, reliable and friendly service.
- No job is too small!
- If in any doubt always contact a qualified electrician, such as D&D Electrical.
- Don’t remove a plug from a power point by pulling on the cord – always pull the plug instead.
- Never plug adaptors into adaptors and avoid using adaptors where possible.
- Switch off electrical items that are not in regular use at the plug and make sure that when you are away from the house for any length of time that you unplug and switch off electrical items. Items left plugged in are a fire risk and waste energy if left on standby.
- Don’t use electrical items in the bathroom unless specifically designed for that use, such as shavers and electric toothbrushes. You should still take care not to get these items wet and avoid plugging and unplugging with wet hands.
- Don’t use items with damaged cords so that the wires are exposed. Either repair or replace. Check items regularly.
- Don’t use damaged sockets, replace with care when necessary.
- Always turn the electrics off at the mains if carrying out any electrical repairs and only attempt repairs if you know what you are doing.
- Make sure that any electrical items you buy are approved standard and keep them correctly maintained where necessary.
- Look for the BEAB Approved Mark.
- Don’t use electrical equipment outside if it’s raining.
- Use the correct wattage light bulb for all light fittings.
- Circuit breakers and fuses should be the correct size current rating for their circuit.